The Royal Hospital Donnybrook provides Post-Acute, Stroke Rehabilitation, Neurorehabilitation and General Rehabilitation services, Day Hospital services, Respite and Residential Care services to adults. The hospital is a voluntary, charitable organisation. Services are provided on a not-for- profit basis.
Purpose of the post
The Household staff member is responsible for:
- Ensuring that patients and residents are offered a choice of food at all meal times.
- Serving food and drinks that are hot and appetising and of the correct texture and consistency under the supervision, direction and guidance of a Registered Nurse.
- Ensuring that patients / residents are provided with fresh water / juices and other drinks when necessary.
- Ensure all food hygiene regulations are adhered to.
- Ensuring the pantry area is kept clean and adheres to the hospital policies in relation to infection prevention and control.
Qualifications and experience
- A primary course in the principles and practices of food safety is desirable but not a prerequisite.
- Experience of working in the area of older person’s services and / or with people with disabilities would be an advantage.
- Good communication skills and ability to work as part of a team is essential.
Informal enquiries to Human Resources at [email protected]
Applications in writing or via email enclosing current CV, together with the names and addresses of three work-related referees should be forwarded to the HR Department, The Royal Hospital Donnybrook, Morehampton Road, Donnybrook, Dublin 4 or by email to [email protected]
To be received by 5p.m. Friday
9th October 2020
The Royal Hospital Donnybrook is an equal opportunities employer.