Assistant Director of Nursing
The Royal Hospital Donnybrook provides Post-Acute, Stroke Rehabilitation, Neurorehabilitation and General Rehabilitation services, Day Hospital services, Respite and Residential Care services to adults. The hospital is a voluntary, charitable organisation. Services are provided on a not-for- profit basis.
The post holders will be primarily responsible for the provision of a high quality, safe and effective nursing service across the hospital. This will involve professional leadership to nursing staff at all levels, providing professional advice and supporting nursing staff throughout the hospital. The post holders will ensure the patient experience throughout the hospital is of the highest possible standard at all times. The post holders will support the Director of Nursing in the promotion of excellence in clinical care and practice. The post holder will support the Director of Nursing in progressing the clinical governance agenda within the context of integrated governance, ensuring the hospital provides care of the highest quality.
Candidates for the post must:
Qualifications and experience
Applicants must, as a minimum, on the closing date for receipt of completed applications:
- Be registered in the General Division of NMBI
- Have at least 5 years post registration experience of which two must be in a HIQA regulated Residential Setting.
- Provide evidence of continuing professional development;
- Have significant experience in the care of older people and/or people with disabilities;
- Demonstrate experience in Nursing Management at a level appropriate to the post of Assistant Director of Nursing;
- Possess a third level management qualification or equivalent.
Job Description/Person Specification is available from the Human Resources Department. Informal enquiries to Sharon Lawlor – [email protected]
Applications in writing enclosing current CV, together with the names and addresses of three work-related referees should be forwarded to: Sharon Lawlor, Human Resources Manager, The Royal Hospital Donnybrook, Morehampton Road, Dublin 4 or by email to [email protected] before 26 March 2021
The Royal Hospital Donnybrook is an equal opportunities employer