The Royal Hospital Donnybrook provides Post-Acute, Stroke Rehabilitation, Neurorehabilitation and General Rehabilitation services, Day Hospital services, Respite and Residential Care services to adults. The hospital is a voluntary, charitable organisation. Services are provided on a not-for- profit basis
Purpose of the Post
The aim of the CNM for Infection Prevention and Control is to optimise patient care through the prevention, surveillance, investigation, liaison, education, research and control of health care acquired Infection (HCAI).
The appointed person will be required to provide and maintain a comprehensive, efficient and effective infection prevention and control service for residents and patients. The appointee will work as a key member of the multi-disciplinary team providing specialist infection control advice, support and expertise to healthcare staff.
The Clinical Nurse Manager Infection Prevention and Control must carry out these responsibilities in a progressive and changing service, which meets with International and National Standards but is locally focused.
Education, research and development are paramount to the role of the Clinical Nurse Manager Infection Prevention and Control so that practice is based on appropriate research and evidence. The post holder will work as part of the Clinical Governance Steering Group including participating at meetings.
Person Specification / Qualifications and experience
The successful candidate must:
- Be a Member of the General Division of the live register of the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Ireland (NMBI) or be entitled to be registered.
- Have 5 years post registration experience, 2 years’ experience in the specialist area or related area.
- Have completed a postgraduate course in Infection Prevention and Control Nursing to level 8 or higher in the HQAI framework or a commitment to undertake within an agreed timeframe.
- Have the clinical, managerial and administrative capacity to properly discharge the functions of the role.
- Demonstrate evidence of continuing professional development at the appropriate level.
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Informal enquiries are welcome. Please contact Evonne Healy Director of Nursing 01-4066716 or [email protected]. Applications in writing enclosing current CV, together with the names and addresses of three work-related referees should be forwarded to:
Sharon Lawlor, Human Resources Manager, The Royal Hospital Donnybrook, Morehampton Road, Dublin 4 or by email to [email protected] before Friday, 27th November 2020