The Royal Hospital Donnybrook provides Post-Acute, Stroke Rehabilitation, Neurorehabilitation and General Rehabilitation services, Day Hospital services, Respite and Residential Care services to adults. The hospital is a voluntary, charitable organisation. Services are provided on a not-for- profit basis. The role of the Director of Nursing is to provide nursing leadership and expertise and contribute to the strategic development of the hospital. It is a key role in providing nursing input to the hospital managerial decision-making process and assisting in the definition and development of the Hospital’s overall vision and strategic direction. Reporting to the Hospital’s CEO, the Director of Nursing works closely with the Medical Director, Health and Social Care Professionals along with the rest of the Hospital Management Team to provide an efficient, effective patient-focused service.
Candidates for the post must:
- Be registered with NMBI in the General Division.
- Have at least 10 years post registration experience – and 5 years nursing management experience at a minimum of CNM 3 level.
- Have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a Managerial role in the area of Health and Social Care.
- Hold a post graduate qualification at not less than level 9 (QQI) in health care or management related area.
- Have evidence of recent post registration/education learning and development.
- Have excellent Knowledge of the Health Act (2007) Care and Welfare of Residents in Designated Centres for Older Persons and
- Demonstrate an understanding of the issues and practices within nursing and the wider health care sector.
- Have proven experience in managing and facilitating change.
- Demonstrate clinical credibility and strong leadership skills.
- Have the requisite clinical, leadership, managerial and administrative knowledge and ability to properly discharge the office.
Job Description/Person Specification is available from the Human Resources Department. Informal enquiries to Sharon Lawlor – [email protected]
Applications in writing enclosing current CV, together with the names and addresses of three work-related referees should be forwarded to: Sharon Lawlor, Human Resources Manager, The Royal Hospital Donnybrook, Morehampton Road, Dublin 4 or by email to [email protected] by 5p.m. on 17th January 2021
The Royal Hospital Donnybrook is an equal opportunities employer.