Description of the hospital
The Royal Hospital Donnybrook is a 178 bedded hospital that provides Post-Acute, Stroke Rehabilitation, Neuro-rehabilitation and General Rehabilitation services, Day Hospital services, Respite and Residential Care services to adults.
Purpose of the post
The Volunteer Coordinator will develop, implement, and maintain a volunteer service program to meet the operational needs of The Royal Hospital Donnybrook in line with the organisational Strategic Plan. This position involves public and interpersonal relations with volunteers, staff, patients/residents, families and the community.
- Relevant third level qualification (Degree level or higher).
- Minimum of 2 years, in the last 5 years, relevant experience in volunteer management.
- Experience and knowledge of current trends, resources, and information related to volunteerism.
- Experience of the management of volunteer resources.
- Competent and confident IT skills – Word, Excel, Power Point and e-mail.
- A relevant professional qualification in the area of volunteering.
- Experience in working in not for profit or charity sector.
- Experience of delivering presentations and of teaching/training groups.
Informal enquiries are welcome. Please contact John Lavelle on 01 406 6644 or email [email protected].
Applications in writing enclosing current CV, together with the names and addresses of three work-related referees should be forwarded to: Sharon Lawlor, Human Resources Manager, The Royal Hospital Donnybrook, Morehampton Road, Dublin 4 or by email to [email protected]
Closing Date for Applications: 9am, Monday, 6th December 2021.
The Royal Hospital Donnybrook is an equal opportunities employer.