The Royal Hospital Donnybrook provides Post-Acute, Stroke Rehabilitation, Neurorehabilitation and General Rehabilitation services, Day Hospital services, Respite and Residential Care services to adults. The hospital is a voluntary, charitable organization. Services are provided on a not-for- profit basis.
Purpose of the Post
Medical Registrar will be working as part of the multi-disciplinary team to formulate and deliver a treatment plan for all its residents/patients at Royal Donnybrook Hospital.
- Full Irish Medical Council Registration is essential
- Have a minimum of 3 years satisfactory post qualification experience in the medical profession preferably having specific experience in the care of the elderly and/or rehabilitation.
- MRCP/ MRCPI is desirable
- Excellent communication skills are essential
- Ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team is essential
- Assessing patients for suitability for off-site rehabilitation
- Working as part of the multi-disciplinary team to formulate and deliver a treatment plan
- Involvement in outreach care
- Providing medical care to extended nursing care
- Assisting the Medical Director in matters of clinical policy and implementation thereof.
- Providing supervision to senior house officers rotating through the Hospital
- Involvement in audit programmes in the hospital
- Lead Care planning meetings especially around end of life care and complex discharge planning
Applications in writing enclosing current CV, together with the names and addresses of three work-related referees should be forwarded to:
Sharon Lawlor, Human Resources Manager, The Royal Hospital Donnybrook, Morehampton Road, Dublin 4 or by email to [email protected] before Friday 13th November 2020
The Royal Hospital Donnybrook is an equal opportunities employer.