Description of the hospital
The Royal Hospital Donnybrook is a 178 bedded hospital that provides Post-Acute, Stroke Rehabilitation, Neuro-rehabilitation and General Rehabilitation services, Day Hospital services, Respite and Residential Care services to adults.
Purpose of the post
- Act as a therapeutic dietitian to inpatients in area of assignment.
- Develop, implement and monitor nutrition care plans according to individual patient needs using evidence-based practice.
- Work effectively as a member of the multidisciplinary team to achieve nutritional goals.
- Communicate effectively with patients, carers, hospital staff and other health professionals to deliver quality care to patients.
- Maintain appropriate records, documentation and regular activity reports in area of assignment.
- Actively participate in student training and staff education and development programmes.
- Participate in audit and research
- Maintain professional competence and demonstrate commitment to Continuous Professional Development.
Statutory Registration, Professional Qualifications, Experience, etc
|Candidates for appointment must:|
|(i)||Be registered, or be eligible for registration, as a Dietitian by the Dietitians Registration Board at CORU.|
|(ii)||Candidates must have the requisite knowledge and ability (including a high standard of suitability and professional ability) for the proper discharge of the duties of the office.|
|(iii)||Provide proof of Statutory Registration on the Dietitians Register maintained by the Dietitians Registration Board at CORU before a contract of employment can be issued.|
|On appointment practitioners must maintain annual registration on the Dietitians Register maintained by the Dietitians Registration Board at CORU.|
Informal enquiries are welcome. Please contact Zoe McDonald on 01 406 6694 or email [email protected]
Applications in writing enclosing current CV, together with the names and addresses of three work-related referees should be forwarded to: Sharon Lawlor, Human Resources Manager, The Royal Hospital Donnybrook, Morehampton Road, Dublin 4 or by email to [email protected]
Closing Date for Applications: 5pm, Friday, 29th October 2021.
The Royal Hospital Donnybrook is an equal opportunities employer.