Description of the hospital
The Royal Hospital Donnybrook is a 178 bedded hospital that provides Post-Acute, Stroke Rehabilitation, Neuro-rehabilitation and General Rehabilitation services, Day Hospital services, Respite and Residential Care services to adults.
Purpose of the post
The post holder will have operational responsibility for the professional management of a comprehensive health and safety/risk management programme and, in particular, for the introduction and/or implementation of measures to ensure the Hospitals obligations under prevailing health and safety legislation and the relevant sections of the National Safer Better Healthcare Standards and the National Standards for Residential Care Setting for Older People in Ireland. To ensure a proactive approach to Incident and Risk Management across the Hospital with consistent application of associated policies and procedures. This will involve implementation of the Hospital Risk and Incident policy, including:
- Risk Assessment Process
- Risk registers
- Incident Management
- Claims Management
- Tracking implementation of major reports/investigation outcomes.
- Sharing of learning across the organisation.
- Preparation of risk and incident activity and assurance reports.
- Support Hospital Management Team, Board, Consultants, Nurse Managers and Department Heads in establishing a proactive risk management and health and safety culture, focussing on patient/ resident, staff and public safety.
The successful candidate must:
- A major academic award in Risk Management at level 6 (or higher) on the Quality and Qualifications Ireland (QQI) framework or equivalent- minimum 3rd level diploma in Occupational Safety, Health & Welfare
- Significant experience working in the health services or other setting relevant to the post that has involved risk management, health and safety management, incident management and investigations
- Experience of leading change in a complex organisation
- Knowledge of Safety Management Systems and familiarity with hospital accreditation/Quality system including HIQA National Standards for Safer Better Healthcare and HIQA National Standards for Residential Care Settings for Older People in Ireland
- Experience of managing and working collaboratively with multiple stakeholders
- Have the requisite knowledge and ability (including a high standard of suitability and management ability) for the proper discharge of the duties of the office.
Informal enquiries to John Lavelle [email protected].Applications in writing enclosing current CV, together with the names and addresses of three work-related referees should be forwarded to: Sharon Lawlor, Human Resources Manager, The Royal Hospital Donnybrook, Morehampton Road, Dublin 4 or by email to [email protected]
Closing Date for Applications: 5pm, Friday, 17th September 2021.
The Royal Hospital Donnybrook is an equal opportunities employer.