The Freedom of Information Act 2014 allows you access to information held by The Royal Hospital Donnybrook (RHD) consistent with the public interest and the right of privacy of individuals. If you wish to make a Freedom of information request your request must be writing to:-
Freedom of Information Officer
Corporate and Patient Services
The Royal Hospital Donnybrook
Or alternatively via email:-
Email: [email protected]
- You must state your application is under the FOI Act 2014
- You must provide sufficient information so that request can be processed
- For personal records you should include your date of birth, address when attending RHD and present address if changed.
- You must clearly outline the records you require and how you wish to access them e.g. photocopies
- No fees apply for personal records
The RHD website provides a variety of non-personal information which can be accessed on www.rhd.ie. Should the information you require not appear on our website you may apply for access under the FOI Act. Fees will apply to non-personal requests where locating and copying of records exceeds €101.
The Freedom of Information Act 2014
The act provides you with three legal rights:
• The right to access both personal and non-personal records
• The right to have personal information held corrected or updated where the
information is incomplete, incorrect, or misleading
• The right to seek reasons for decisions that affect you.
Under the act there are exemptions, whereby some information which has been requested will not be released. Should this be the case the reasons for withholding such information will be explained.
The RHD promotes a culture of openness and transparency. However, there may be circumstances where it will be necessary to exempt certain types of information from release, as set out in the FOI Act.
Some exemption provisions under the Act:
- Information obtained in confidence by the hospital
- Personal information other than requestor’s own information
- Deliberations of the hospital as an FOI body
- Sensitive commercial information
- Hospital negotiations
Should you require any further information please contact us at [email protected]